Tractor Owners and Hiring Facilities Association of Nigeria (TOHFAN) is an association of tractor owners, Operators, Mechanics and tractor hiring agents in the business of providing tractor hiring services to farmers on a commercial basis. TOHFAN was established in 2003 with 9 tractors and 36 members and currently the association operates in 31 States across the country with 552 tractors and 1423 members. TOHFAN is managed by a team of executive members from the head office in Zaria, Kaduna State comprising of Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer and Public Relations Officer. At the State level, the association is managed by an executive committee that has similar positions as the head office.
Tractor Owners & Hiring Facilities Association of Nigeria (TOHFAN) is looking for competent Tractor Operators
Location: Zaria, Kaduna
- Drives tractor to and fro farmland, draw farm implements, tow trailers or load heavy material or equipment: Fastens attachments, such as ridges, ploughs, and harrows for farmland activities.
- Releases brake, shifts gears, and depresses accelerator or moves throttle to control forward and backward movement of tractor.
- Steers tractor by turning steering wheel and depressing brake pedals.
- May be designated according to type of power utilized as Diesel-Tractor Operator; Gasoline-Tractor Operator; Tractor Operator, Battery.
- May operate tractor equipped with laser levelling equipment to level large fields for farming.
- Most be able to receiving trainings from Tractor vendors and pass aptitude test from vendor.
If you are interested in this role, send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd February 2019
Qualifications and Requirements
Candidates must possess (FSLC) First School Leaving Certificate with at least four (4) years tractor driving experience and certificate of training in Tractor Mechanics with Trade Test I and I
Candidates must be able to communicate in English
Computer literacy is an added advantage.
Appointment is normally on probation which may be confirmed after six months of satisfactory service.