Tractor Owners and Hiring Facilities Association of Nigeria (TOHFAN) is an association of tractor owners, Operators, Mechanics and tractor hiring agents in the business of providing tractor hiring services to farmers on a commercial basis. TOHFAN was established in 2003 with 9 tractors and 36 members and currently the association operates in 31 States across the country with 552 tractors and 1423 members. TOHFAN is managed by a team of executive members from the head office in Zaria, Kaduna State comprising of Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer and Public Relations Officer. At the State level, the association is managed by an executive committee that has similar positions as the head office.
Tractor Owners & Hiring Facilities Association of Nigeria (TOHFAN) is looking for competent Tractor Operators
Location: Zaria, Kaduna
- Diagnose mechanical failures and repairs tractors and tractor components according to manuals, factory specifications, and knowledge of engine performances, using handtools, power tools, and testing instruments: Attaches compression, ignition, and timing test instruments to certain parts of tractor, using clamps and handtools.
- Starts engine dials and reads meters and gauges of testing equipment to diagnose engine malfunction.
- Removes and disassembles engine, transmission, and clutches, using hoists, jacks, and mechanic’s handtools.
- Inspects parts for damage, and verifies dimensions and clearances of parts for conformance to factory specifications, using gauges, such as calipers, and micrometers.
- Replaces or repairs worn or damaged parts.
- Grinds valves, relines and adjusts brakes, tightens body bolts, aligns wheels, and tunes engine.
- Most be able to receiving trainings from Tractor vendors and pass aptitude test from vendor.
- May weld defective body or frame parts.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Candidates must possess (FSLC) First School Leaving Certificate with at least four (4) years tractor driving experience and certificate of training in Tractor Mechanics with Trade Test I and II.
Candidates must be able to communicate in English.
Computer literacy is an added advantage.
If you are interested in this role, send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: 22nd February 2019